Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fall Style Inspiration

Before my move to LA three weeks ago I assumed my time here would be full of exploration, new photography projects and being surrounded by California landscape. Unfortunately LA had other things in mind like a harsh reality check: moving across the country is actually way more difficult and time consuming that I could have anticipated. I haven't exactly had as much free time to work on photography as I had hoped (shocking I know). That is not to say I regret the move. Finding a new job, a new car, a new apartment and a new group of friends in a new city is challenging to say the least but I can already tell (only 2 days into my internship) that I will learn so much more than I could imagine.

All that being said, I've been finding inspiration in the most unsuspecting places...

I came across a photo from a photographer (Van Styles) I've been following for a couple of years that seemed to resonate with me more than usual. It's a black and white still shot of a single building obscured by thick fog. The criss crossing architectural features, light and dark contrast and play on transparency all got me thinking about what to look forward to for Fall. It's somewhat ominous mood is not necessarily foreboding, just mysterious. Living in a climate where the autumnal equinox doesn't necessarily equal cooler temperatures means that Fall style takes on a new meaning and calls for a little reinterpretation.

Scroll below to see my fall 2014 inspiration photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment