Saturday, January 3, 2015

70's Glamour

This post is coming a little late...

I was originally collecting these inspiration images to use as fuel for my New Year's Eve wardrobe. I was drawn to the effortless glamour exuded by 70's socialites and influentials. Metallic, shiny textures create a luminous quality without reaching for the typical sequined mini frock. High slits and dangerously low necklines add sex appeal in a timeless, yet modern way.

The most inspirational photos I came across were the candid shots from Studio54. You can really see the carefree attitude portrayed by the women at the time, echoing the strong, rebellious ladies of our generation. You can certainly see this attitude in the more recent collections of designers like Louis Vuitton, Saint Laurent and Chloè, some of which I have included in this post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment